1. 4-H /FFA members eligibility: Exhibitors in the Divisions of this department must be bona fide
members of Colorado 4-H & FFA whose project work (must be 4-H/FFA members’ own work and sources must be cited, plagiarism will not be tolerated and will be subject to disqualification). In addition, exhibitors must be at least eight years of age and must not have reached their 19th birthday as of December 31 of the current enrollment year and must satisfy other eligibility requirements (if specified) for a class, to compete in that class. The exhibit may not be shown in another county fair.
2. 4-H/FFA members must wear appropriate clothing while exhibiting their projects according to 4-H Dress Code.
3. JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL! The Danish System will be used on the 4-H and the American System will be used on the Open Division. (All classes shown in the Exhibit Building).
4. Judges interviews are required for all Consumer Science, General projects and Shooting Sports Projects. It is recommended to dress in your “Sunday’s Best” for your interview.
5. 4-H projects that qualify to go to the State Fair will be determined by the judge. These projects will be awarded State Fair Quality Stickers.
7. Exhibits, record books, and ribbons must remain on the grounds until 4:00 pm, Saturday, July 17, 2021. *Exceptions: Any exhibit, record book or ribbon may be released at the discretion of the Superintendent. *
8. 4-H e-records shall follow requirements set forth in the 4-H Consumer Science and General Project rules found at http://co4h.colostate.edu/statefair/StateFairExhibitReq.pdf
9. All exhibits must have the name, address, and county of the exhibitor on a 4-H or FFA display card.
10. Projects are divided by Junior, Intermediate, and Senior age groups. The ages are Juniors 8-10, Intermediates 11-13 and Seniors 14-18.
11. Cloverbud member 4-H projects will be judged separate from all other exhibits, in all classes, in all divisions.
12. No project will be exhibited in an unsafe manner or with unsafe equipment.
13. Fairgrounds clean-up will be held Fair Saturday, July 10th (Mandatory) and after fair on Sunday, July 19, 2021. It is expected that the grounds will be kept as clean as possible during the Fair.
14. All consumer science youth will be REQUIRED to work a shift in the building during the fair. The sign-up list will be available at the interviews. It is strongly suggested that parents also attend, especially for the junior 4-H members.
15. Each participant was given a CO State Fair Syllabus with all rules, regulations, and project requirements. These can also be found online colorado4h.org.
16. 4-H and FFA Exhibitors are able to sell their items entered in the fair in a silent auction manner if they choose. Purchasers may pay cash or make checks payable to the Custer County Fair, no commission will be withheld. Please notify us when you check in your entry if you plan on selling your item by filling out the silent auction form including a minimum price determined by the exhibitor. If the exhibit has qualified for the Colorado State Fair the purchaser may pick up the item September from the extension office.
RIBBONS AND AWARDS
The Danish System will be used to evaluate exhibitor’s projects against the standard set forth in each project’s guidelines and requirements.
• White Ribbons are awarded for exhibits that are below average in quality or content.
• Red Ribbons are awarded for exhibits that are average in quality or content.
• Blue ribbons are awarded for exhibits that are above average in quality or content.
Reserve champions ribbons are awarded to the second highest quality exhibit in a single division, if there is a worthy exhibit (from the awarded blue ribbons).
Champion ribbons are awarded to the highest quality exhibit in a single division, if there is a worthy exhibit (from the awarded blue ribbons).
Reserve grand champion ribbons are awarded to the second highest quality exhibit in one project area (if it's quality merits this award). Grand champion ribbons are awarded to the highest quality exhibit in one project area (if it's quality merits this award).
State Fair Stickers are awarded to the most deserving exhibit that meets state fair requirements.
All 4-H Consumer Science, General, and Non-Sale animal projects are eligible for premiums. Premiums will be determined by available funds and the number of participants. Premiums will be given to the following placements:
Blue or 1st place premium
Red or 2nd place premiums
White or 3rd place premiums
Yellow or 4th place premiums