1. All goats – market, dairy, and breeding projects must be tagged or tattooed.
2. Scrapie tags are required on all intact goats.
3. Wethers must be castrated before the FIRST weigh in.
4. Bracing will be allowed for showing market goats, feet must remain on the ground. Rule will be enforced by Superintendent. Exhibitor will have one warning and after will be asked to leave the show ring.
5. Dairy white apparel will be optional for exhibitors to wear in show.
1. Exhibitor must show their own animal.
2. The judge will consider appearance of the animal, showmanship quality of exhibitor, and the exhibitor’s appearance, courtesy, and knowledge.
Senior (14 -18 years of age)
Intermediate (11-13 years of age)
Junior (8-10 years of age)
1. Junior Kid, born May - June, 2021
2. Intermediate Kid, born April 2021
3. Senior Kid, born March 2021
4. Junior Yearling, born September 2019 to January 2021
5. Senior Yearling (non-milker), born September 2016 to
6. Does 1 year & under 2 (milking), born September 2016 to August 2017
7. Does 2 years & under 3, born September 2015 to
8. Does 3 years & under 5, born September 2013 to
9. Does 5 years & over, born prior to September 2013
Champion & Reserve Champion Jr. Doe
Champion & Reserve Champion Sr. Doe
Grand Champion & Reserve Grand Champion Doe
Classes will be set by the Superintendent.
1. Classes will be broken by weights at the discretion of the Superintendent.
2. Must weigh a minimum of 55 lbs.
3. All market goats must be officially tagged and weighed at the official weigh-in of the current year.
4. All market goats weights must increase at least 5 pounds from the beginning weigh-in weight to the end weight established at county fair.
5. Market goats exhibitors will participate in the Rate of Gain contest and Showmanship classes including Master Showmanship.
6. Bracing will be allowed for showing market goats, feet must remain on the ground. Rule will be enforced by Superintendent. Exhibitor will have one warning and after will be asked to leave the show ring.
5. Dairy white apparel will be optional 7. Wethers and does may be shown.
8. Horns must be blunt tipped prior to county fair weigh in.
9. Must be shorn to no more than 1/4 inch.
10. Must still have milk teeth.