Project exhibit rules:
1. Member must be enrolled in the 4-H Dog Project. Dogs must have been a part of the project since April 1, 2021 or earlier.
2. The member must own his/her project dog individually or in partnership with parent or guardian for duration of the project.
3. All exhibitors are encouraged to enter the Dog Showmanship Class in addition to the appropriate Obedience Class.
4. The progress the dog has made determines the Obedience Class it should be entered in. The
member’s years in 4-H or FFA have no bearing on which class to enter his/her dog, except sub-novice, which is open only to first-year dog project members.
5. Showmanship - Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Novice classes are open to first year members.
6. No bitch in heat will be allowed to compete in any dog class. A veterinarian’s decision will be final.
7. Proof of approved effective vaccination for rabies must be available for inspection on show date.
8. All exercises will be judged following the latest A.K.C. obedience guidelines whenever possible. Registry to the dog with A.K.C. is not required. It should be noted that this is not an A.K.C. show, rather a 4-H show run by 4-H regulations.
2. Beginner Novice
4. Graduate Novice
1. Junior Novice Showmanship (8-10 yr. of age)
2. Junior Open Showmanship (8-10 yr. of age)
3. Intermediate Novice Showmanship (11-13 yr. of age)
4. Intermediate Open Showmanship (11-13 yr. of age)
5. Senior Novice Showmanship (14-18 yr. of age)
6. Senior Open Showmanship (14-18 yr. of age)
7. Senior Advanced Showmanship (14-18 yr. of age)
8. Top Showman (Intermediate or Senior age previous Grand or Reserve Grand Champion Winner at Colorado State Fair)
1. Ribbons (Danish System) will be awarded to each exhibitor in the Sub-Novice Obedience class through the Graduate Obedience class on the following basis:
A. Blue: 170 or more points earned, provided each class exercise received 50 percent or more of the maximum point value of that exercise.
B. Red: 140 to 169 points or those who earned more but did not qualify for a blue ribbon.
C. White: 139 or fewer points earned.
2. Placement ribbons (1 through 6) will be awarded to each exhibitor in the Showmanship classes in addition to the Danish ribbons:
A. Blue: 90 or more points earned.
B. Red: 80 to 89 points earned.
C. White: 79 points and under.
3. Rally awards:
A. Blue: 70 or more points.
B. Red: 40 to 69 points.
C. White: 39 and under points.
4. Hi-point Junior, Intermediate & Senior Champion Obedience
Hi-point Junior, Intermediate & Senior Reserve Champion Obedience
5. Hi-point Junior, Intermediate & Senior Champion Showmanship
Hi-point Junior, Intermediate & Senior Reserve Champion Showmanship