Check in: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
In place: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 4:00 pm
Judging: Friday, July 16, 2021, 1:00 pm
Superintendent: Sara Shields
1. Market Beef
a. Market Steer
b. Market Heifer
c. Grass Fed Heifer or Steer
d. Jackpot “Pen of 3” Steer Class
2. Breeding Beef
3. Senior Showmanship (14-18 years of age)
4. Intermediate Showmanship (11-13 Years of age)
5. Junior Showmanship (8-10 years of age)
Project exhibit rules:
1. Classes will be broken by weights at the discretion of the superintendents.
2. No breed competition will exist.
3. All market steers and heifers must be weighed and officially tattooed or tagged at official weigh-in of current year.
4. Steers and heifers will weigh a minimum of 1,000 lbs. in order to sell.
5. No feed pans or waterers may be left in the pens or stalls.
6. A market heifer class has been added to the market beef show. A veterinarian’s certification of a pregnancy check no earlier than 30 days prior to the county fair to confirm she is “open” and not pregnant must be presented to the Superintendent or Fair Board member upon arrival at the Fair Grounds for Show. The maximum age remains at 20 months at fair time.
7. All market beef projects have a maximum age limit of 20 months at fair time (excludes Grass Fed Beef). A dental check will be performed to verify ages.
8. Grass fed beef class has a maximum age limit of 29 months at fair time. Grass fed beef shall be defined as beef whose only food source is grass or forage (milk prior to weaning): grass, forbs, browse or grain crops in their vegetative or pre-grain state.(i.e. Alfalfa pellets.)
9. Champion and Reserve Champion grass fed beef or market heifers will compete for overall Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Beef with other Market Beef Class Champions.
All Showmanship classes will be held immediately after the Market classes.